Saturday, April 25, 2009
Posted by: Natasha
Time: 6:07 AM
Comments: 0
Road to Recovery
Today marks the 4th day my mom has been in the hospital and the second day in the ICU. My heart breaks everytime i have to kiss my mom goodbye, it breaks to see her in so much pain, my god, i feel so helpless, i can't do anything. Even the Doctors are clueless as to what is going on.
Mom got admitted into adventist hospital on Wednesday morning when she started to vomit blood. Doctor suspected viral fever or maybe dengue but they we're not sure. Blood test indicated negative for dengue.
After 2 days in adventist, Doctor still could not put her finger on what was wrong, referred mom to 'infectious diseases unit' at the general hospital. God i hate the GH, it gives me a very depressed, gloomy feeling. I used to visit an aunty with cancer there and she passed on, so it brings bad memories and feelings.
Within a few hours, mom began to have difficulty breathing. The GH transferred her to the ICU for close observation, the Doctor suspects its dengue(this was friday), then today, her fever which she had since last friday has not come down, so dengue most probably has been ruled out. They're still not sure what it is. Mom's liver is inflamed, but thank god it's getting better. The problem now is that her lungs, and throat are infected and she can't even talk. She's got water in her lungs, Pneumonia, but she also has symptoms of dengue or a viral fever.
I try to cheer her up, but mom is so down, staying at the ICU at GH is terrible.Honey, Dad and I have been rushing in and out of the ICU everyday as much as we can. We're there at 8am, we leave at 9pm. Visiting hours are so short but any chance we get, we're by mom's side. We're practically camping outside the ICU.
We've been going back to a house that does not feel like home. I just realised Home is where my mom is. I'm so stressed right now, my heart is so heavy. None of us had anytime to react emotionally, it was one giant roller coaster and still is. I miss my mom so much it hurts, it breaks my heart. I've remained strong through out this whole thing and will have to continue to remain strong, for honey's sake, dad's sake and of course mom's sake.
For all of my friends that have been msging and calling , thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Mom will recover soon.

ur average girl still searchin for answers to questions she does not even know...





Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
Established since: DD Month YYYY
Host: Blogger
Basecodes: Victoria